New shoes for the wagon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanr

n00b
Apr 12, 2017
I purchased a 1983 Malibu wagon and want to lower it 2 inches. What were you planning to do to lower yours?

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I purchased a 1983 Malibu wagon and want to lower it 2 inches. What were you planning to do to lower yours?
Hey man, why not introduce yourself and let us know what you're working on.
We're a friendly bunch here, so don't feel intimidated...and welcome to the forum.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I'm doing the research now to see which direction I want to go.
I picked up a set of four '3" wagon lowering springs' and a pair of short rear Bilsteins but have not yet installed them. I would like to make this change this summer when I install the Blazer knuckles. I can take photos and show you the stance, if your plans are long-range enough.

Reactions: 1 users

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
I picked up a set of four '3" wagon lowering springs' and a pair of short rear Bilsteins but have not yet installed them. I would like to make this change this summer when I install the Blazer knuckles. I can take photos and show you the stance, if your plans are long-range enough.

That sounds awesome!

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Just installed my top as well!!

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3958.JPG
    IMG_3958.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3959.JPG
    IMG_3959.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 218
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Drake,
The canvas sliding roof looks great...nice job. I know of one other guy that installed one in his wagon, and have also seen it done before on a Buick wagon.
It reminds me of a few of my old VW's with sliding canvas sunroofs.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Drake,
The canvas sliding roof looks great...nice job. I know of one other guy that installed one in his wagon, and have also seen it done before on a Buick wagon.
It reminds me of a few of my old VW's with sliding canvas sunroofs.

Thank you sir! Yes my neighbor has a 56 oval rag and he thought it was prtletty cool as well. The installation was pretty straightforward and pretty quick took me 3.5 hours straight.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's not bad considering the amount of work it was to cut the panel out and fit in the new sunroof tracks, etc. It does look very cool. You've really made a lot of headway on the wagon....looking sharp, man.
Does it require any additional bracing?

Btw, I'd love to have an old oval window bug, sunroof or not..;)

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
That's not bad considering the amount of work it was to cut the panel out and fit in the new sunroof tracks, etc. It does look very cool. You've really made a lot of headway on the wagon....looking sharp, man.
Btw, I'd love to have an old oval window bug, sunroof or not..;)

Thank you very much, I'm securing a 5.3/4L89e for the swap that I would like to have complete before the end of next month.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor