CUTLASS New Tail Lights!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah those are super dope. Curious of they still sell for the same I saw last time.
Pretty sure it is someone on Facebook posts in the Classic G Body Garage or for the Classic, having phone issues so I can't dig for it at the moment

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like The Parts Place finally released their new Cutlass tail lights. Just ordered a set so I'm excited to see how well they made!

Nice. And $270 for the pair isn't bad at all

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The bigger question is: how do they compare with GM lamps? Initially, they seem to look ok. But I'm guessing if they are actually new and not refurbished, they're very likely Chinesium, and we all know "QC" in China normally means "Questionable Clearances". Even the GM lamps had a time with sun-baking on top and crazing/cracking. Wonder how these would fare out in the wild? Probably be fine if a car was garaged mostly.

My concerns are- you will need to re-use the donut gaskets from your originals. Don't think they make repros. At least not yet. So you have to make sure your old ones are in good shape. Unsure about the original mounting nuts- would they still work for holding stuff down?

Consider too, you need to add $60 for new emblems, regardless of which style you like unless you're lucky to have some OEM's laying around. That pushes you to $330 for the pair. Which still isn't horrible if the bezels come with it and aren't cruddy/broken. Not sure if it was shadows or what from the pics, but the chrome bezels seem a bit "worn" on the chrome. Maybe it's just my eyes. Or did they take pics with used pieces?

I'd love to see a side by side comparison with OEM. I just don't feel like spending 270 bucks to do it when I already have GM ones.

Reactions: 3 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Here is one of them out of the box. Came with the new donut gaskets as well as washers to go between the body and the nut. I am going to get them both out and compare to the old ones this weekend, but for the money, they are not a bad copy at all!

IMG_1597.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
The bigger question is: how do they compare with GM lamps? Initially, they seem to look ok. But I'm guessing if they are actually new and not refurbished, they're very likely Chinesium, and we all know "QC" in China normally means "Questionable Clearances". Even the GM lamps had a time with sun-baking on top and crazing/cracking. Wonder how these would fare out in the wild? Probably be fine if a car was garaged mostly.

My concerns are- you will need to re-use the donut gaskets from your originals. Don't think they make repros. At least not yet. So you have to make sure your old ones are in good shape. Unsure about the original mounting nuts- would they still work for holding stuff down?

Consider too, you need to add $60 for new emblems, regardless of which style you like unless you're lucky to have some OEM's laying around. That pushes you to $330 for the pair. Which still isn't horrible if the bezels come with it and aren't cruddy/broken. Not sure if it was shadows or what from the pics, but the chrome bezels seem a bit "worn" on the chrome. Maybe it's just my eyes. Or did they take pics with used pieces?

I'd love to see a side by side comparison with OEM. I just don't feel like spending 270 bucks to do it when I already have GM ones.

You can tell they are repops. They aren't bad for the money though. The chrome leaves a little to be desired though. All in all anything is better than my cracked up and faded 38 year old lights lol

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
repop or not that's awesome that someone's bringing them to market as there's little support out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
When I worked at a Chevy/Olds dealer in the mid 90's, I bought replacements for mine because the emblems fell off. They were $59 each! When I got them, they were all scratched up so the parts manager called the warehouse and asked the manager if they had any that weren't scratched up. He said he would pick two that weren't scratched and he did. The warehouse manager said that GM parts at the warehouse are basically just thrown in bins and only boxed when they are shipped so a lot of parts have shelf damage. I'm finally painting my car next winter (2024-25) so I guess in the spring of 25 I'll install my new lights!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I really like the look of the clear ones, but I am sure those are an arm and a leg
Be glad, they're trash... looks light pink in daylight, can't see them when braking either during the day.
Ditched mine quickly...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor