New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Mckeever

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2015
San Bernardino,CA
Hey to all!! Been looking at this site for while and just signed up. Looking to get a 78-81 Malibu or wagon soon and start a build. hoping to get to know any one here that's in SoCal.

Welcome to the site and good luck with the search. Take your time and find a goody...

Welcome aboard Kelly,
Have you found a Malibu wagon yet, or have one in mind?

Good luck in your search. I would think Southern California would be a mecca for Malibu wagons.

Good luck in your search. I would think Southern California would be a mecca for Malibu wagons.
Thanks
You would think, But some the ones I've looked at are in bad shape or they wont pass our smog laws. I would like to find one that I can start some what fresh and being said In know it is going to be to find.

So, you're basically looking for something in preferably stock form with all the California emissions equipment? I was under the impression that after a certain year cutoff, some cars are exempt from the smog laws.

So, you're basically looking for something in preferably stock form with all the California emissions equipment? I was under the impression that after a certain year cutoff, some cars are exempt from the smog laws.

If I'm not mistaken the engine has to be from the year of the car or newer and the emissions testing is based off the year of the engine.

Reactions: Longroof79
I know that California smog laws are quite stringent, but I guess they have to make allowances for older cars that are still kept on the road.

Perhaps some southern California G-body guys can chime in as to how they make their cars compliant with the laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor