New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty years ago when I was a at UConn, I wanted to do a motor swap to upgrade the 267 in a 1980 Malibu. Connecticut had tight rules - same cubic inches, same model year, so I abandoned the project.. 1980 was a transition year - if it had been a 1979, the emission people said I could use a 1975-1979 motor; 1981 and later could use anything later. Some unfortunate rules. And I did not qualify for an antique plate in those days...
Now if I where to get a car or truck 1975 and newer and install say a 95 caprice TBI engine the car would have to all of 95's emission equipment

One thing I do like about Elko County, no emissions, no safety testing, no anything. There's no way my car would ever pass any one of their tests, my rear brakes practically don't exist, and my car has probably 5% of it's original emissions equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor