New to the board from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Hi,
New member from Sweden. Bought this 79 Buick Century Wagon this summer. I am a really die hard fan of American cars ever since my very first car which was a 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible which I bought back in 1978.
Found this Wagon locally a couple months ago. It had been sitting for about 4 years. The car was imported to Sweden in 1985 and was used only in the summer. It is in a really nice condition, no rust at all, which is extremly rare for an old car like this over here.

It is in totally original condition, I have added the Z28 wheels after I bought it.

Attachments

• Kopia av CIMG3236.JPG
    Kopia av CIMG3236.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 563
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 568
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 567
Welcome aboard, Mr. Karlson,

Very nice Buick wagon. I even like the color. :wink: Any future plans for it? I know good rust free cars are hard to find in your part of the world. Especially older American cars.

I have a friend in the Stockholm area that had a Chevy Malibu coupe project.
He never finished it and sold it.

wonderboy24 said:
welcome Karlson,welcome to the forum.NICE WAGON.
x2 🙂

Thanks for the welcomes.

Plans for the wagon right now are to have it as a daily driver. Eventually I will probably give it a new coat of paint in the same original pastel green color, the interior is also green, it needs a new carpet but otherwise pretty nice.

It has the 2 barrel 301 Pontiac engine which runs good. The engine has a little valve ticking noise but it seems to be getting better the more I drive it.

I am looking for a tow hitch for it to haul a small fishing boat.

PGLM said:
Welcome neighbour 🙂
Btw, I bought my Pontiac from Sweden... :lol:

Thank you PGLM.

I saw that Pontiac for sale on "Blocket, was it in Norrkoping IIRC?
You have already been doing a lot to it, looks good with the new paint.

Mats

Welcome to the site! Good luck with the car....looks nice!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor