New to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadeleonss

n00b
Sep 29, 2009
Whats up everyone! I am the proud owner of a 1988 Monte carlo SS T-Top... I purchased this car as a project car as it needs work. the engine and transmission are there and work good because I drove it home after I purchased it which was not a short drive (2 hours).

I have encountered some problems with this car...

1. The fuel line from the gas tank was leaking but i fixed it by dropping the tank and replacing the line wiff some hose.

2. When i try to start it sometimes the Starter smokes and the car does not want to crank. I can also here under the hood when the ignition is on ACC position, some kind of Electronic ticking sound but it stops after a minute or 2.

3. I started on the body work where the T-tops are because it had holes but i filled it up with Bondo Fiber glass hair and sanded... (came out looking good)

This car needs some work as the body is clean but the Entire car needs all the seals and window sweeps felts.. all that stuff!
anyone know where I can get this stuff for as cheap as possible?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I dont know how cheap it is but you can get just about anything you need from www.dixiemontecarlo.com and welcome aboard :D

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor