State of the Forum April '24

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey everyone. I'm still alive. I really haven't been on the site that much other to just check up and take care of approvals, scammers, spammers, etc. and stuff. The site went through a long (very long) down turn at the hands of Google's on again off again (mostly off) algorithm, changes in the ad ecosystem, etc. etc. etc. but right now, things are trending back up (knock on wood) and I haven't wanted to change a bloody thing just in case. It was a tough call to keep doing this or not, but (and I'm probably jinxing it) I'm happy with what I see right now.

I'm still moving my crap from OK to MO, bits at a time. I will need to sell a bunch of stuff, bc a) I don't have room for all this stuff and b) I kinda need the money from it. Unfortunately I don't have much here in MO with me, except for Betty and the GP. Going from a rural location with a 40x30 shop full of junk to in-town, small house with a 1-car garage....

And Betty's gonna be for sale. Stay tuned for that official announcement. (TL;DR version, 8K with the Hurst wheels, 7K without.)

But right now I'm not going to change much because I don't want to piss off the Google gods, but I'm starting with GBotM, getting that back on track. So stay tuned, and keep working on those cars.

If you're reading this, I'm glad you're here.

Good Vibes Pma GIF

Reactions: 20 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Right on. The Dude abides.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
It was a tough call to keep doing this or not
Stressed Too Much GIF by NewQuest

W...T...F

I'm gonna go lay down for a bit. Don't ever say those words together again.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Whut? If you stopped doing this, I guess I'll just pack up my junk and leave. Oh, wait, I guess that will happen to everyone.

That would be so unfortunate. There's a whole lotta information here that is invaluable to anyone owning a G-body.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Me without GBODYFORUM................................................
ae211080ad4e7c88ca013146de461b9a.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yea, seems like things have been going normal here. Everyone getting along and all that.

What's up with the google stuff, trying to get the algorythm to hit where more people see the group and possibly join or is it advertising revenue purposes?

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Yea, seems like things have been going normal here. Everyone getting along and all that.

What's up with the google stuff, trying to get the algorythm to hit where more people see the group and possibly join or is it advertising revenue purposes?

Google can (and does) just randomly change their algorithm to favor certain types of sites or content over others. The last couple of years, "user generated content" (aka forums, except for Reddit who gained massively) has been on a downward slope. Last October the traffic really took a hit bc of one of these changes (The "helpful content update" ...like halved the traffic) and its been a slog. The last change (Late Feb) has really started to reverse some of that. So the site gets shown more in search, resulting in more click-thru, more users, page views, and yeah, revenue.... and if it keeps gaining G uses those signals to keep it going.

...until the next big change then who knows.

Reactions: 6 users

JimmyD

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2021
Umatilla, Florida
I would just like to thank GP for all of the time he takes to keep our site running. I have not been here very long but I have learned more here than I ever did as a Cadillac Master tech for 15 years. Thanks GP. Forever G-Body...

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor