New user and owner of a gbody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

78BB-Pontiac

Apprentice
May 6, 2019
St.Paul, Minnesota
Welcome to the site from Houston. Beautiful car! Love the blue and the wheels.
Thank You Texas, never been there, they tell me it’s nice. Getting real tired of this liberal state I live in. It’s either Texas, Florida or Arizona when I leave Minnifornia for good!
Nice red GP! Do you have a place you go for Pontiac GP parts down there? I don’t need anything any the moment except for some aluminum big block heads and a bigger cam for my 454. Also some big block headers that will fit inside that steering shaft.

78BB-Pontiac

Apprentice
May 6, 2019
St.Paul, Minnesota
Look to a 4L80E swap instead - trust us.
Yeah it came with a TH350 but with 411 posi in rear it ran real high RPM’s on hwy, like 3200 at 55mph. There was a 700R4 sitting in the guys garage I got for $150 and threw it in. Now it runs a more respectable 2200 at 65mph. I know the 700R4 isn’t the strongest trans ever build. But was told if built right it’s pretty good? I’m wondering if a 4L80E will even fit without some modification to the tunnel?

I have a 93 GMC Sierra SLE z-71 reg cab, short box ive owned for 18 years. It’s still running the original never rebuilt 4L60E at 264,000 miles. Just goes to show what filter, fluid changes and a bottle of Lucas will do for you!

Last edited:

78BB-Pontiac

Apprentice
May 6, 2019
St.Paul, Minnesota
Welcome from good old germany ! Nice car :giggle:(y)
Germany, now there is a place I wouldn’t expect a reply from. I have a friend from my school days the lives in Linz, Austria for about 15 years now. I get the low down on the Muslim problem over there from my buddy.
Also thanks, I just finished tinting the back window and will tint the back side windows next.

Reactions: 1 user

78BB-Pontiac

Apprentice
May 6, 2019
St.Paul, Minnesota
Welcome, very sharp car for sure. What do you have to finish up on it?
Thank You! The car needs some aluminum heads and bigger cam for sure. Also the 700R4 needs to come out and get built to handle some ponies. It could use a better rear end than the 411 ratio 10 bolt posi thats in it now.
It does have oversized front coils and sway bar. Also new aluminum radiator and dual electric fan set up. Has a new billet distributor, chrome 200amp alternator, new edelbrock 750 four barrel. A Holley strip dominator high rise intake. It came with new dual flow masters, but I’m in the process of putting new 2-1/2 inch mandrel bent pipe front to back right now. I also put new rear springs in the car. I also found a new old stock OEM front grill that’s never been on a car for it.
That’s about it.. It’s from Idaho and a very clean rust free car that drives real nice and just needs more of my time and money!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor