New wheel set up HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschevyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
I have an 86 SS im looking to put a new set of wheels on for the summer. Originally I was looking for a similar cobra R wheel and could never find them in the chevy lug pattern until I recently ran into the coy c5. However, since I could not find the wheel I was looking for I choose to go with the weld prostars and do 15x8 rear and 15x6 front with et street radials along with 2in drop spindles for the front that I have. PROBLEM! I seen the C5 and they are the wheel that I have been looking for, BUT they only come in 17" 😢 Can anyone give me insight as to springs I would need and if these will fit along with the 2" drop spindles for the front that I have and what tire would you recommend for a streep/strip car on 17 in wheels without rolling fenders etc. Thank you Also if there are any PICS of other SS's with a similar set up could you please post some pictures because I don't know what to expect out of this set up.

I don't think you will have any clearance problems even with the 2" drop spindles. As far as tire size goes you would prolly want a drag radial for the rear to help at the strip. That will limit your sizes to most likely a 245/45/17. The front you could go with the same or down to a 225/45/17. I don't have an ss but here's a pic of my malibu with 235/50/17 all the way around.
100_0181.jpg

I'm using the stock v6 springs but I have a 400 in it now so it sits a little lower. I can (and will) lower it in the future and i'm not expecting any clearance problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor