new..

Status
Not open for further replies.

85g

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2010
Ohio
Hey im new here iv been searching this forum now for a few weeks but just now decided to join. Im new to these style of cars, heck im new to v8 powered cars period..iv been into turbo 4cyl. for years now.

anyways i bought an 85 v6 cutlass supreme out of a field about a month ago for $200, the car set parked for 6 years. The guy just wanted it gone because it doesnt hold oil pressure for more then like 30 minutes, but other then that it drives pretty good..The body on this thing is solid just a little rust and it needs paint, and the frame is also in good shape

My plans for the car are a nice paint job with the vinyl top removed, and i have a 383 stroker with a powerglide transmission that will be going in it soon.

I have a question also..im trying to removing the interior but i just cant seem to figure out how to take the dash out, i cant find all the screws or something? can anyone give me some advice?

here are some pics..(car has not been cleaned at all)

2u8l7cj.jpg

2r5uxd0.jpg

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
Welcome! Nice find!

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Power glide? Which one?? And hell yeah.

I was going to do a 383 but ran out of money, and went with a 355.

Theese cars look good in black, i have an 88 monte SS with black and some original tan interior.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Very nice dude!!

This is my Cutlass, found it cheap, drove it for a year and made good money off it. Still miss it; great car!

Welcome aboard and best of luck!

Olds.jpg

85g

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2010
Ohio
CamaroAdam73 said:
Power glide? Which one?? And hell yeah.
Im honesty not sure just a 2 speed, Im still pretty new to v8's. My grampa builds powerglides for a living so he's going to hook me up with one for pretty much nothing.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Welcome here.That's a great find.How are the rear frame rails??????? I bet that will be sweet with the 383 and 'Glide

85g

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2010
Ohio
JBreu said:
Welcome here.That's a great find.How are the rear frame rails??????? I bet that will be sweet with the 383 and 'Glide

they have the typical rust but theres no crackes or holes or anything.

Im in the process cleaning this thing up..i have the seats and stuff removed now, gonna get 2 bucket seats for the front and have the rear seat recoverd in black leather. im pretty much wanting to get rid of all the tan interior. I also have all the chrome trim removed, my friend whos a collision repair guy is going to fill all the holes and paint it one solid color.(i dont like chrome) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor