Newb from Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HP JUNKEY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 21, 2009
Buffalo NY
Hey Guys, Just joined yesterday after lurking around a bit. Very cool site! I figured I could never get enough info on G-bodies! I have had my 1980 Bu since 1992, Typical Old Lady 3 owner car! I got it out of Ocala Florida, It was traded in on a new car because she had 67,000 miles on her and the "granny" did not think she was trustworthy anymore. I was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 35, so I decide to go full frame off while going through hell and back being sick. After 4 years and help from my 2 teenage sons this is where my Bu is now, But never done!! This past Summer we picked up another G-body for my 19 yr. old son, a 1984 Cutlass Salon, 73,000 miles, No rust anywhere, power everything, buckets, 307, 3.42 posi, etc. He is in a College Auto Tech program and the Engine Performance class he took required building a motor, I had a 1967 327 lying around so he took it in, did all the machine work himself, bored .030, new flat top 9 to 1's, Clevite bearings, sealed power rings, etc, and fully assembled the short block at school. We will be droppin that in the Cutty in the Spring! Here is a link to my Photobucket page, enjoy, and Happy Holidays to all!
http://photobucket.com/HPJUNKEY

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Welcome! thats a very nice lookin Bu you have there! She looks real clean, and so does the Cutlass. I had a salon just like it that I used as a parts car for my 442 because she was way too rotted to fix (gotta love these buffalo winters lol). Where in Buffalo are you? I see you have some pics from racing at Lancaster, I like it :D Anyways welcome again, and check out my 442 if you get a chance, Im doing some work on it while im in the Autobody program at ECC and tryin to have her ready for spring.

HP JUNKEY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 21, 2009
Buffalo NY
86-black442:
We are in the Cheektowaga Aiport area, The Bu is originally from Fla. So I started out rust free! We {myself & 2 sons} spend alot of time at Dunn Tire Raceway over Summer, Summers are short around here, gotta take advantage while we can! My oldest son is attending ECC also, he will be finished in the Summer of 2010. got any links to pics of your 442? I would like to check it out! Later.

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
Welcome from another Buffalo area member, Nice looking Bu'. I've got an 83 Caballero, maybe we can get a mini-meet going at DTRP, I've been meaning to go for the last 2 years and just never got up to do it.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kegkicker9/ those are some older pics of my 442 shes not too pretty... yet haha. I bought her slightly wrecked for $1400 about a year ago. Since then I've gotten rid of the euro header panel, put on a new drivers door, replaced both front sections of floor, painted the entire underside of the car, installed all new stainless brake and fuel lines from classic tube, new gas tank and sending unit, replaced the trunk lid, fixed all the rot around the t-tops, put the 442 exhaust back on (someone put a single exhaust on it... yuck :puke: ) installed a new black headliner, and black carpet, painted all the plactic trim panels in the interior black, got new black upholstery, and I think thats about it haha. Shes pretty much ready to be bodyworked and painted now. And as for DTRP xbeasleyx I think it would be cool to get some g-body guys together at the cruise nights theyre pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor