Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Shuffle88; You have had a great education & I'll bet a bunch of fun with the results. I'm curious how quick is dad's car? As it has some similarities to mine ( 406 Malibu). Glad to have ya aboard, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Welcome aboard! Thanks for the intro. Looking forward to what you do to the cutty... especially after seeing what you have under your belt.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyShuffle88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Look forward to picking everyone’s brain, and sharing the little knowledge and know how that I have.

Vanrah

It’s been 7.0x. Consistently 7.1 low 7.2s. I feel
pretty confident we are running too tight of a converter, and with a looser converter, I definitely think it would pull atleast a low 6.9,if not into the mid 6.8s. Dad has been too stubborn to admit that I could be right and him wrong so we haven’t tried a converter change yet but maybe next year lol. What’s your setup and e.t? Got any pics of your bu?

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Shuffle 88 & all; WOW that's one quick automobile! Are we talking 1/4 mile? I'm curious what RPM are you guys turning, shift points & in the traps? Mine is a slug I only run 12.5's with a 12.47 best, but then mine isn't set up to just drag race. It's a street- road car the has seen three auto-X events & one short road course run, just 5 laps. Mostly I drive it, years ago I had a L-78 Camaro that I kept modifying to the point the it wasn't a very good road car. Trailered it once to the drag strip, won B stock that day & it was the last day I trailered it as I wanted to drive it MORE. Different strokes for different folks. Anyway if your interested here is path to the Bronze Brick https://gbodyforum.com/threads/the-bronze-brick-a-very-unusual-9c1.54363/. Glad ya joined us & you'll find some hard core drag racers here also. And I'm sure that they will let you pick their collective brains. Hammer down, Ole' Bob.
Ps: "Got any pics of your bu"? Check out the car of the month for starters.

REDRUM625

n00b
Jan 28, 2018
Thanks for the add to the G Body forum. I'm not New to old school cars but this my 1st G Body. I'm working on a 1985 Cutlass supreme brougham. It's got a lil 307 in it but I'm looking to a big block swap.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Welcome, I'm an old school chip off the Oldsmoblock so not an LS expert but there are oodles and gobs of information here about the LS dos and don'ts you should find handy. I personally would ONLY want fuel injection if going to an LS swap or just throw an Olds 350 in it but that's me. Also, others can tell you whether the stock 5.3 bottom end is sufficient to turbo if you are planning on much pressure? It may well be, I just don't know? And, I know from experience when I temporarily put a 125HP Nitrous kit on the factory 307 [9] engine in my 442 that, oh it woke it up nicely, but it is a complete PITA and frankly dangerous if you are going to street the car much at all, and I am absolutely confident the 307 would not have lived long had I continued.

Just some things to consider . . . welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor