NFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
why switch a LT1 to carb?? thats the best thing about a LT1 is the EFI! there use to be a guy on ebay that would take you LT1 harness and computer and turn it into a stand alone setup for like 200 bucks. im not sure if he is still on there but that would be the way to go!

ckosacranoid

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 20, 2008
grayslake,ill
everyone does the v8 thing and with gas prices who can affored that right now. know how about a inline 6 with a turbo or even a 4 banger with turbo setup, great on gas and very cheap to build..and something really different....

or something really out of left feild.....how about a rotory....

slayer63b

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2008
Sierra Vista, AZ
You're right, EFI is way better and if I can get it in for a good price then sure I will do it. But also remember I am working with a 93 so it was'nt exactly the best EFI system on the market after that year they where wayyy better.This is speed density w/ batch fire like the TPI system.

Yeah I could do a turbo setup but it's not gonna be cheap. Boost controllors intercoolers, plus turbos need to have the bearing changed at or around every 50k. And as much as I love them and one of the greatest muscle cars of all time the GNX it is too ricer for my taste. I am American here me rour!!! :wink:

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
with all of the money put into a carb and minifold and everything else you need to get the carb to work you could have bought a stand alone harness and a custom chip! especially if you plan to go efi later on, its a waste of money. i am thinking about a lt1 in the cutty, the only reason to do it is for the efi! that and close to 300hp stock....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor