No brake lights

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Built6spdMCSS has a good point about checking for 12V at the Brake Switch connector -- that circuit is always hot (so even if the ignition is OFF you still have brake lights to serve as a warning to other cars) so when you disconnect the Brake Switch from the harness, a volt-meter should measure 12V when you put one lead against a body ground and whichever terminal on the Body Harness leads back to the fuse box.
Exactly. He said he checked fuses, some of these are powered by the fuseable links that fall apart over time.

grayman67

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2023
I am familiar with the bulb, what I'm getting at his check at the connector for 12V constant power, and then check the wiring going back to that filament on the connector at tail lights and make sure it's good.
Thx, for the advice. Greatly appreciated.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Is the brake switch working and adjusted properly. Just cause the switch is new doesn't mean it works.

grayman67

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2023
Good day Gbody folks,
I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for the collective assistance with the expressed problem. The cause was the signal light switch and now I'm cruzing again.

Cheers,

Callistus

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_171131.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 58

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor