No more wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks good I've often thought about doing the wood in my 87 Cutlass in a brushed aluminum or something like that

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Looks good I've often thought about doing the wood in my 87 Cutlass in a brushed aluminum or something like that
Good thing about it is you can peel it right off if you want to..its also good for 5-8 years if cared for properly

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
I'm pretty much doing the same, how did yours turn out?
it turned out real good. i took the brushed rose gold off and going to recover with brushed blue now. decided to keep my interior blue

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
it turned out real good. i took the brushed rose gold off and going to recover with brushed blue now. decided to keep my interior blue

Interested to see how it looks when done, mine is fighting me every way possible. But par for the course for me

Snapchat-213647141.jpg

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Interested to see how it looks when done, mine is fighting me every way possible. But par for the course for me

View attachment 85485
mine worked well for me but ive been painting plastic for years. i can almost say I've mastered it..ive used spray paint for years to. i can almost lay it like it came out of an spray gun. now the vinyl (shakes head) it was very very tedious work but i got it done and i also purchased a heat gun instead of my wives blow dryer lol

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
mine worked well for me but ive been painting plastic for years. i can almost say I've mastered it..ive used spray paint for years to. i can almost lay it like it came out of an spray gun. now the vinyl (shakes head) it was very very tedious work but i got it done and i also purchased a heat gun instead of my wives blow dryer lol

Mine was going pretty well until a bug flew into the last clear coat, tried sanding the bottom right corner down and redoing it but still showed through so last night tried again bringing that hole section back off. Got it back down and then once I got to the clear started to look contaminated so will see how it dried but have a feeling it will need sanded all back off again and then redone before going to the second color

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Mine was going pretty well until a bug flew into the last clear coat, tried sanding the bottom right corner down and redoing it but still showed through so last night tried again bringing that hole section back off. Got it back down and then once I got to the clear started to look contaminated so will see how it dried but have a feeling it will need sanded all back off again and then redone before going to the second color
ive had to start all over before i know exactly how you feel about that

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor