Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2006
Frickin Ridiculous.
looks photoshopped.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Remember when it was slot mags on RWL's........about 15x10 in the rear, 14x6 in the front, air shocks in back pumped to thier maximum extension? Hell, I remember riding in a few cars that had such a violent 'rake' that even during acceleration, you felt like you were getting dumped forward onto the floor of the car........headlights shined your way for about two feet at night. I guess every generation has a rediculous wheel/tire fad that runs hot for about ten minutes and dies out just as fast. The only hope is that when it does die, nobody revives it 20 years later.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Fads come and go. I'm showing my age now, but when I was a kid the "gassser" look was the fad, the car had to be hiked up all around but the front end was higher than the back.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The gasser look can still be cool on the right cars. I'd love to have a '55 Chevy two-door post sedan jacked up in front with a straight axle, just like a mid '60s C/gasser.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
I got over the gasser look, this is my '55:
2264284_2_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor