no park lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissasinave

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2021
Hey everyone, i'm in need of some help. I was having some lighting issues with my 88 cutlass supreme. turns out one of my issues was a bad bulb, any ways when I was probing the lights to see if they had power I may have done something the park lights, tail lights, dash lights, and license plate lights wont work anymore. I have changed the fuse at least I think its the right one. but what i did notice is that the switch on the dash that controls the headlights and park lights is not working, is there a fuse there for that switch or would the whole thing have to be replaced? anyone ever has this issue before of know a thing or two about wiring, the car is all ready to finally be on the road after two years of getting it ready and having the legal driving lights on is the only thing that is stopping me from driving the car at night. thank you in advance!

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone, i'm in need of some help. I was having some lighting issues with my 88 cutlass supreme. turns out one of my issues was a bad bulb, any ways when I was probing the lights to see if they had power I may have done something the park lights, tail lights, dash lights, and license plate lights wont work anymore. I have changed the fuse at least I think its the right one. but what i did notice is that the switch on the dash that controls the headlights and park lights is not working, is there a fuse there for that switch or would the whole thing have to be replaced? anyone ever has this issue before of know a thing or two about wiring, the car is all ready to finally be on the road after two years of getting it ready and having the legal driving lights on is the only thing that is stopping me from driving the car at night. thank you in advance!
Change all 10-20 amp fuses if you can, see if that helps.

If that doesn't improve the situation, then I recommend you check your wiring which ever location you were probing around.

Now it could be the switch, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor