Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Check the grounds.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
have you checked your grounds?

I had a similer problem when i put my engine in, I forgot to hookup the small ground from the battery to the fender.
With out it, you have nothing.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
grounds are not the issue. PLEASE. go back and read the entire thread. a ground would not pop before a fusible link. and the ground from the negative battery cable is fine. zero corrosion.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Have you checked anything with a DVOM?

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i checked ALL fuses, they are good, i visually inspected the fusible links, they were fine, i even tugged on them and they were solid. at the time this happened i checked everything i could. i had voltage at the battery and only at the battery.

im never jumping this car again, i;ll buy another battery first, this problem makes me want to set fire to the car and just buy another to be rid of the problem for good.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
I did read the whole thing

im not saying a ground "poped".
Im saying losing a ground will give the same effect as no power. As in bad conection, broken wire.

Grab a multi meter/test light, and start at the battery and folow your power lines (both power and ground) until you find the bad spot.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
screw it, i'm just gonna take it to a shop have it fixed then set it on fire in a field somewhere. i cant deal with this anymore.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure how to explain the situation before but it seems all i needed was a battery. odd since i had a car hooked up to mine trying to jump it, the battery was only slightly drained which is why i was jumping it and yet had no power in the car anywhere.

AND WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO CHEAP BATTERIES COST 60 BUCKS?

jebus batteries are not cheap.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Pony up the dough for an AC Delco battery and you'll never have to worry about it again. Buy a 78-6YR (bigger, but it'll fit fine), and better yet, get a dual terminal one (side and top posts), you'll be glad you did. Then you'll be the one jump starting everybody else. Trying to hook cables onto those tiny side terminal clamps is a b*tch, having the posts on top is a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor