Noob from Western Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbender 66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2012
Arlington, Washington
Howdy!

I don't even have a g-body at the moment but that will change. I had an '80 Malibu that I drove every day for 7 years and I really regret selling it. I sold it to buy a '66 Chevy II project which is going nowhere. I'm gonna put that up for sale and then the hunt is on for another 'bu!

My previous car had a mild 350, TH350, some lowering, nice wheels and tires etc. Gotta have another one!!

Here's the car as it was when I accidently sold it :c

Paul

DSCF0025-vi.jpg

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Tinbender66,
Welcome to the site! Are you a "Tinbender" by trade, or by hobby? I'm a retired Tinsmith myself.
Oh, good luck with your search for a new Bu!

Doug

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Welcome here to GBF!!! I also have a few past G-Body cars as well.....One I sold with no regrets, 81 4 door 'bu with v-6, and the other , my 1st G a '79 Monte with a built 355,th-350 and 12 bolt rear w/3.73's and that one I regret selling...Good luck with your search!! You oughta post up what your looking for and how much $$$$ your looking to spend, this way we can keep an eye out 8)

Tinbender 66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2012
Arlington, Washington
oldtinsmith said:
Tinbender66,
Welcome to the site! Are you a "Tinbender" by trade, or by hobby? I'm a retired Tinsmith myself.
Oh, good luck with your search for a new Bu!

Doug

Thanks Doug. I am an honest to god tinbender, retired also out of local 66. Retired a bit early 'cuz there just wasn't any work. I kinda like it!

I've seen several good prospects for 'Bu's but I gotta hold my horses 'til I sell the other project.

Tinbender 66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2012
Arlington, Washington
JBreu said:
Welcome here to GBF!!! I also have a few past G-Body cars as well.....One I sold with no regrets, 81 4 door 'bu with v-6, and the other , my 1st G a '79 Monte with a built 355,th-350 and 12 bolt rear w/3.73's and that one I regret selling...Good luck with your search!! You oughta post up what your looking for and how much $$$$ your looking to spend, this way we can keep an eye out 8)[/quote

Thanks for the welcome JBreu! I've missed that car ever since I saw it disappear down the driveway. Don't know what I was thinkin'. Oh well, the next one will be better and a whole lot faster.

As for what I'll be looking for, I'd like a stock one that's fairly decent and solid. One that runs decent so I can play with it in between mods. Gotta be a 2 door of course and I'd just as soon not have to deal with a landau top. Gotta sell the other project first and go from there. I've seen a few prospects locally. I don't see many on the road lately so I was afraid they were getting harder to find but a quick search turned up quite a few. Should be fun!!

Tinbender 66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2012
Arlington, Washington
malibu80kc said:
welcome buddy. good lucky with the sale of the chevy ll and getting a malibu. got my 1st malibu almost a year and love it! always had late 60's and early 70's chevys.

Thanks man! I spent today trying to gather up all the Chevy II parts and do an inventory so I know what I'm sellin'. I found a '79 near here that I might take a look at. Supposedly has a fresh 355. It's got fugly wheels on it and the TH350 is slipping so the price is pretty right. I don't care about the wheels, stance or transmission 'cuz that's all getting changed anyway; we'll see. Also saw a really nice wagon that's got me thinkin'.

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
Welcome washingtonian.. Im just south of you in lake stevens..Good luck on your search. Let me kow if I can help in any way
Robert
Oh here's mine I just picked up
my83malibu001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor