Noob with a cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Hi all,

I've got a 87 cutlass supreme with the screamin 231. It's stock, other than for various mods that have accumulated over the years. List includeds:

Titled as "Rebuilt"
All new sheetmetal on the right side, as of 96. See above.
New trans after I blew the other one up.
Custom deer shaped imprint in the front end, as of two weeks ago.
Falling apart dash.
Leaking head gasket.

Anyways, I've been having some problems sourcing replacement parts for the front end. Then I came up with the idea that it would be cool to get fiberglass fenders, hood, and header panel (yes, I know the stock one is fiberglass). Is VFN Fiberglass (http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm) the only company to make the fenders/header?

Future plans also involve an engine swap with the correct number of cylinders. She's my DD for now. Well, until I fix my stupid Jeep.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Cutty87 said:
Hi all,

I've got a 87 cutlass supreme with the screamin 231. It's stock, other than for various mods that have accumulated over the years. List includeds:

Titled as "Rebuilt"
All new sheetmetal on the right side, as of 96. See above.
New trans after I blew the other one up.
Custom deer shaped imprint in the front end, as of two weeks ago.
Falling apart dash.
Leaking head gasket.

Anyways, I've been having some problems sourcing replacement parts for the front end. Then I came up with the idea that it would be cool to get fiberglass fenders, hood, and header panel (yes, I know the stock one is fiberglass). Is VFN Fiberglass (http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm) the only company to make the fenders/header?

Future plans also involve an engine swap with the correct number of cylinders. She's my DD for now. Well, until I fix my stupid Jeep.

since you already got the Buick in there, you should see if andrewrock5 still has that hot air GN motor, be easier then a V-8 swap

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Shipping would probably prevent it from being worthwhile. Besides, I'm having enough fun with the Jeep for now, so the cutlass is definatly on the backburner.

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
Ahemmm!!!! '6' IS the correct number of cylinders!!! ;-)

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Renthorin said:
Ahemmm!!!! '6' IS the correct number of cylinders!!! ;-)

you "could have had a V-8" lol seriously if I wsa yanking a 231, either a GN 231 was going in or its going to be an Olds 350

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
I like SBC cheapness. That's why I'd put one in.

I hate owning rare sh*t. F'ing Comanche, you phone people who "know Jeeps" and they're like "Comanche? Say what? Is that like some sort of truck thing?"

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Arok said:
yeah, but those camanches look good IMO. I know nothign about them though.

Regardless of what she puts me through, I still think she's a cool truck. Otherwise I'd have called the wrecker by now...

Oh, if you care, they're a half unibody, half frame pickup truck built on the cherokee platform. Sound scary yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor