NOOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

78t-tops

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2009
Hi guys,
I have a 1978 Monte Carlo. Features include PW/PL/t-tops/bucket seats and center console. 305cid. Its interior is not in the greatest shape, Body wise, pretty damb straight. Needs paint though. My wife is asking me to get rid of it but i see the potential. I hope that i can hang on the car and if so, i will love to have support in my endeavour.... Thanks

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Welcome, any pictures?

78t-tops

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2009
http://photobucket.com/1978t-topsmont
she's a work in progress.....just took her for almost a half hour drive and she ran great and i was speeding the whole way lol. I just replaced the cap and rotor and the diference was ridiculous. I looked at the old one, it was worn. I put an msd cap and rotor. I just also replaced the alternator, it was extremely cheap. My 97 Merc. Mountaineer's alternator was $130 and thats was a discount from my cousin who is a manager at a local autoparts store. My wife told me " your spending too much" i responded, honey i spent a half of what i spent on the Merc. So its quite cheap to replace items except everything that involves the T-tops.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
That is a really nice car. You should keep that one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor