Noobie with an 82

Status
Not open for further replies.

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
Hi all, New user here building an 82 Cutlass. I have a nice 73 too. I just bought an 82 and found it to have a bad frame inthe rear area. :-( Any body in or close to the Va area with a frame for sale? I am looking thru the parts for sale and nothing close that I see yet.

Steve

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome.
You should check out eBay, there is a seller from CA that always has a few frame rail sections up for bid for like $150. I think his name is rareelco. A bargain if you ask me, I was going to get some for my bomber wagon. Sectioning in some nice clean rails is a lot less work than replacing an entire frame in my opinion...
Hope that helps

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
I was going to do that, but the right rear has some issues in front of the wheel also. I am trying to convince my buddy to to just that but he doesnt want the responsibility of welding that. So for now I am going the frame route. This way I can replace all my lines and paint everything up pretty.

86MonteLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2008
Lima, OH
if ebay doesn't work, you could always look on craiglist.com . . i've found some good monte carlo parts on there. . goodluck with the search

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor