MALIBU Northeast Chevelle and El Camino Regional Show - Westford Mass Saturday August 27, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Sixteenth Annual Car Show hosted by the Northeast Chevelle and El Camino Club. Frankly this show is '64-'72 Chevelle centric (you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a '70 SS) but there are usually a fair number of 78-87 El Caminos. But typically to my disappointment, very few if any G-body Mailbus. As an El Camino and Malibu enthusiast, I've also had quite a few Chevelles and have been a member of the club hosting the event for thirty years. I will be there despite no longer having a vehicle that qualifies for the show. My offer: anyone from this site that enters their 1978-1983 Malibu into the show, I will reimburse you for the $20 registration fee. Prefer if you LMK beforehand so I have enough Jacksons on hand, or okay if you catch up with me at the show. 2022 Chev-El show front.jpg 2022 Chev-El show back.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey JimmyCamino, I'd take you up on your offer but i'm 2,580 miles out.
Randy,
That would be a nice road trip for you.:giggle: A lot shorter for me though.

Jimmy,
I'm surprised to hear that '78-'83 Malibus and El Caminos aren't well represented at this show. :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
There's a fair turnout of 78-87 El Caminos, just no Malibus. At last year's show: none. Previous show in 2019 there were as I recall three or four nice Malibus.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There's a fair turnout of 78-87 El Caminos, just no Malibus. At last year's show: none. Previous show in 2019 there were as I recall three or four nice Malibus.
It's odd that more El Caminos show up than Malibus. You would certainly think that there's more El Caminos produced than Malibus. Perhaps, Malibu coupes (and sedans) are rarer than El Caminos? I think Malibu wagons certainly are.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
It's odd that more El Caminos show up than Malibus. You would certainly think that there's more El Caminos produced than Malibus. Perhaps, Malibu coupes (and sedans) are rarer than El Caminos? I think Malibu wagons certainly are.
i always thought in this part of the country it's a crap shoot due to being the rust belt and all but they made el co's to 87 where they made malibu's less number of years but more than one version of the malibu i can't explain it.i agree with the number portion as i see less malibu's out than the el camino's here.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
good turnout today,weather cooperated too.he was rite it's wall to wall a- bodies here.about a dozen el caminos. 20220827_112501.jpg 20220827_103926.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
i always thought in this part of the country it's a crap shoot due to being the rust belt and all but they made el co's to 87 where they made malibu's less number of years but more than one version of the malibu i can't explain it.i agree with the number portion as i see less malibu's out than the el camino's here.
Chris,
You're right about El Caminos being produced for more years than Malibus. Like you said, there were more Malibu models produced during that time span.
Coupes, 4-drs, and wagons. El Caminos were probably more popular in various parts of the country.
Thanks for posting the pics. I'm glad you were able to make it and that the weather cooperated. :)
I think I spotted your car in the crowd. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor