Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Redcap said:
It is kind of a beater right now. :lol: Looks like I take delivery on Monday evening.
You have to start somewhere right? So its yours for sure? Right on!

Redcap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2006
Centralia, WA
Paid for the Cutlass tonight, couldn't bring it home though. Expired tabs. The guy threw in an old pair of 15x7 Cragar SS rims because of that, though.

The V6 is pretty anemic compared to what I am used to, I can't wait to start building a smallblock (SBC or SBO) for it!

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Redcap said:
Paid for the Cutlass tonight, couldn't bring it home though. Expired tabs. The guy threw in an old pair of 15x7 Cragar SS rims because of that, though.

The V6 is pretty anemic compared to what I am used to, I can't wait to start building a smallblock (SBC or SBO) for it!
Nice, nothing wrong with Cragers! Yeah those 231's arn't too peppy. Lol I like the way you described it! Good work, it shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of a good small block to drop into that thing! The problem is keeping it a tame daily driver :wink:

Redcap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2006
Centralia, WA
Yeah, keeping a motor tame is always a problem...and I have no idea how I'm going to manage it. :lol:

Picking up the Cutlass didn't happen tonight, couldn't get out of work early enough to transfer the title. Should be able to get it done tomorrow, since I go back to 8hr days at work.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Redcap said:
Yeah, keeping a motor tame is always a problem...and I have no idea how I'm going to manage it. :lol:

Picking up the Cutlass didn't happen tonight, couldn't get out of work early enough to transfer the title. Should be able to get it done tomorrow, since I go back to 8hr days at work.
Yeah, good luck with the motor! Remember theres no such thing as "too much HP" :lol: I hate the DMV, it always takes forever to do anything there! Good luck with that man

Redcap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2006
Centralia, WA
Finally got it. $300 after title transfer, a half-tank of gas and road munchies, drove it home in the dark with no brakelights. :lol:

85_cutlass.jpg

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Redcap said:
Finally got it. $300 after title transfer, a half-tank of gas and road munchies, drove it home in the dark with no brakelights. :lol:
Nice, did you fix the brake lights? I had the same issue w/ my car. Its most likley the brake switch on the pedal. If your bulbs work than I'd start with that. Its easy to replace.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Redcap said:
Not yet, going to try and fix it today. Brakelight switch is usually the problem you say?
Yeah, I had mine go out. Look under the dash, There'll be a switch that is touching when the pedal is up, (on the front side) when it moves back and the brakes are applied it completes the circut for the brake lights. They aren't expensive I think mine cost $8, either way it was not big deal. If you have cruise make sure you get the right switch for it.

Redcap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2006
Centralia, WA
Fixed my brakelights tonight, it was the switch. Kind of a pain in the *ss to get to, though...even for a guy my size! :lol:

Now, I've got to hunt up a new trans, this one (I think it is a TH200) is CTD. 3rd gear is getting to be hit or miss. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor