Not a G-body, but it's tempting...very tempting. Thoughts?

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
As far as the new hemi motors, they have ( and I did a lot of looking / research when getting a different truck) has the typical spark plugs stuck in the head deal ( which I found out if you bring it up to temperature before changing) can be worked around.
BUT! The major problem is if it idles a lot. I think the LS may have this issue as well? The splashing needed for the roller rockers to have adequate lubricant of the roller itself from long idling is not enough and will chew through the lifters and cam.
The dealer will says nothing, knows nothing of it. There is an aftermarket fix I read somewhere that taps into the oil system to spray or mist them for the needed lubing.
Otherwise they are a strong motor and the transmission solenoids are next in line. Modern technology… I do not know what the newer Camaros are like for problems. The on going race for power is switching over to hybrid and electric so who knows what that will bring!

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Get it, best looking new car IMHO. I love my GT, just a great cruising car. That car, much faster but will still be a comfortable driver. Only major repair, a hair line crack in the 8 spd factory plastic pan at 125,000 km. I gathered all the common failure parts for my 3.6 in aluminum, incase the plastic parts fail. The Hemi's seem to have issues as well. Like any car, luck seems to play in as all brands are similar in reliability these days. Do it, come over to the Darkside.
View attachment 220334
Just need cookies….🤣

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
saw a "you tube" video yesterday, of a repo-ed Hellcat, that was likely going to go for a whole lot less than a new one. Might be another avenue to consider, if youre Hellbent on one. Copart, Mannheim, other online auction houses.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
392 Shaker R/T Scat Pack widebody. MSRP a shade over 64K. Although I think I can get some off that. Thought about a Hellcat but this one just says "get in..."

Go Mango with black Alcantarra interior. Auto. Which the wife likes (boo hiss).

View attachment 220249
makes me think of those rare GNX that been tucked away for decades with less than 100 miles that suddenly surfaces...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor