Octane Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Ok, 2/6 if you're splitting hairs..... 3/8 jet numericaly wise.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
couple thoughts.....
#1 you said it 'sound like' pinging, but is it actually running rough?
bout 10 yrs ago I had a 4cyl commuter car that I kept hearing a 'tapping/snapping', almost drove me nuts. pull into my friends dark driveway at night, flip to parking lamps only to talk to him, and we spot a blinking coming from under the engine bay. got down and looked, found that there was an electric blue spark snapping between the engine block and balancer! don't know what caused it but finally figured out the noise!

#2 try running the engine in a dark garage with no lights at night and see what you might find or hear

#3 closely inspect plug wires for damage, etc. how old are they by the way?

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
The car is pretty much still the way i bought it, no history on how old anything is under the hood, other than the original ZZ4 dizzy went out about a year ago and replaced with a spectrum premium GM08 by the previous owner.

All i've done so far is change the engine oil/filter twice, changed the 700r4 trans fluid/filter and TV cable, changed the spark plugs from 41-993(wrong type) to the GM recomended MR43LTS, thoroughly cleaned and rebuilt the SA770 carburator with 6.5hg power valve, rejetted richer(75F/83R) with orange colored much lighter than the stock plain vacsec spring, changed the metal can fuel filter to a glass type see through one with replaceable filters, installed a progression ignition distributor and thats it, it seems i need to start updating other parts soon,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor