Odd noise from dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Ok yesterday I started getting a really odd noise from what sounds like the gauge cluster. The sounds kinda sounds like scratching, really heard to explain, but it dose "go faster" as the car moves faster and its not RPM related. I'm thinking Odometer or speedo but both are working fine. Any ideas or direction would be helpful, its pretty annoying sound to say the least.

Thank Kevin.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds like it could your speedo. You could try applying some grease in the cable. Try some sprayable white or lithium grease.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Likely the speedo cable. I guess they get dry over the years. They make a tube of speedo cable lube. The cluster will have to come out to get to that end of the cable.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
ok thanks guys, confirms what I been reading online. Just had not seen any gbody posts or issues with the cable before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor