odometer turning over

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
is it true that a red light will turn on behind the odometer once it has turned over? if not, how do you know?

well the inspection sticker on my car was from rhode island in 2005 stating that there was 20000 something miles on it. i just found that hard to believe

well according to carfax my car has never rolled over so if thats true i only have 43000 miles but i doubt it cause a car with that many miles would of been in way better shape

Attachments

• IMAG0389.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 147
No red light comes on. Theres no real way to tell other than,interior condition such as seat wear, exterior condition such as rust, worn parts etc. Even things like that can be deceiving.

trip number 2 around and still no red lights lol

Attachments

• Picture 297.jpg
    Picture 297.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 769
carfax seems like it could be semi accurate. i was under the the impression that i was in the 200k + range when i bought my monte, cause of the price and severe paint fade. i got the title and looked at and it confirmed what i thought. so i stopped thinking about it. but then after driving it for a year with zero major problems, cept for the trans goin after purchase. i thought back looked at the window sticker from 02 registration, remembered the guy said it sat since about then. did a carfax and it actually confirmed in 02 it was sitting at 101k and in 98 it was confirmed at 77k. so i remembered to back when i bought it, and the odo was at around 101 k, i was thinking 201 k. but i think i have 110k car now cause there is litle rust and certainly not enough mechanical wear for 200k. so id run a carfax it could give you an idea. the only thing ive seen somthin like the red light thing was on my old beater tracker, when it hit 200k the check egine light came on and you had to pull some pieces off the dash to find a switch that reset it. i think it did this every 100k

i know the late 70's early 80's chevettes had a flag that would roll over the first couple #'s and said "emissions" when it rolled over... newer ones were reminders for changing the o2 sensors....

Attachments

• jose's pics 092.jpg
    jose's pics 092.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 128
  • jose's pics 091.jpg
    jose's pics 091.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 133
Chevettes? I figured all 4 wheels would just fall off at 99,999 9/10 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor