Oil on intake???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a sbc 400 that has a Edelbrock air gap part# 7501 intake on it,I replace the intake gaskets and bolts with Arp Bolts and Felpro gaskets but I'm still getting a engine oil puddle in the air gap area on the intake,ANY HELP?THANKS

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you didn't put a sealer on the bolt threads pull them out one at a time and clean the threads and apply a sealer (I use Permatex Ultra black) and reinstall.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yep I used sealant on all the bollts doesn't look like its leaking from the bolts
That is usually the only way you get oil in that area is from seepage past the bolt threads, the only other leaks that end a up there would be gas from a leaking carb.
What kind of sealer did you use?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are you saying under the carb, in the intake tunner or in the head port?

Any PCV, if yes, then where is it attached? And where is the brake booster, if you have one, getting vacuum from?

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
The oil puddles in the intake tunnel ,the air gap area on the intake, brake booster rear of carb,vacuum advance front of carb oil fitting dry and dizzy gasket dry.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Watching this one.
I've had the same issue with my 406 and air gap set up. I've had the same problem since the last cylinder head rebuild and have chalked it up to the heads being excessively milled after having cracks repaired. Had I known the heads were cracked they would have been scrapped, the guy rebuilding them felt they could be saved.
I've gone as far as double stacking the distributor gaskets which helps for a short time but the problem soon returns. I've also ran into issues with losing the gasket seal at the bottom of the intake ports due to this mismatch. New cylinder heads are slated for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor