old racing and just BS,ing

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Denny & all; Ya that's a 10 grand tach, sold it with the car after destroying my be loved engine. That took two years to build at $.50 cents per Hr part time after school. After many back country road race, mostly with my buddies 340 HP 327 Vette & losing to him every time. I dropped a valve & destroyed my Jahun's piston, my beautifully ported head & my freshly bored to 4" 283 block. War & draft pending I didn't have time to build another so I had to have a 340 HP Vette right? After getting drafted, reporting for basic my dad said "ya better sell that thing before it has no value" Anyway I came home to a 61 4 door Chevy I-6 PG, Sad! I just realized that I may have stole your thread, didn't mean too Sorry, Ole' Bob

Attachments

• 1955 Chevy 3o1.JPG
    1955 Chevy 3o1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 1955 Chevy 301.JPG
    1955 Chevy 301.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 1963 Corvette.jpg
    1963 Corvette.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
Greetings Denny & all; Ya that's a 10 grand tach, sold it with the car after destroying my be loved engine. That took two years to build at $.50 cents per Hr part time after school. After many back country road race, mostly with my buddies 340 HP 327 Vette & losing to him every time. I dropped a valve & destroyed my Jahun's piston, my beautifully ported head & my freshly bored to 4" 283 block. War & draft pending I didn't have time to build another so I had to have a 340 HP Vette right? After getting drafted, reporting for basic my dad said "ya better sell that thing before it has no value" Anyway I came home to a 61 4 door Chevy I-6 PG, Sad! I just realized that I may have stole your thread, didn't mean too Sorry, Ole' Bob
you didn't steal anything vanrah,all is good. i remember the 340hp 327's several friends of mine had them and they ran great. i know the drill, my bucket list 388 turned to crap after about an hour run time. those jahuns pistons were very pricey and excellent choice. i still have a 67 283 block and 327 forged crank. ya never know. army and kids had me away from performance for a long time.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I’m only 43, but I have the personality of an old fart. I love all the old stories and talking shop. My Mexican grandmother nicknamed me “viejito” as a kid, which means “little old man.” :LOL:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor