olds 394s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrotownredneck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2011
Owatonna, MN
i was wondering if some one can give some info on these olds 394 motor if it would be a good swap into a g body was wondering what can be done with these motors what parts would interchange with these motors like anything from 350 rocket parts 403 parts or even the the old 307 motors i know there is no aftermarket parts made for these units any info would be helpful thanks

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They share nothing with the 307, 350 or 403. The 394 was a member of the first generation Rockets made from 1949-1964. They were hot in their day and inspired (along with the Cadillacs) the original SBC. Parts are out there but there is little aftermarket support. Expect to pay Pontiac prices for multi-carb intakes. The bellhousing is also different from our "modern" BOP or Chevy patterns so you have to get creative or use 60 year old transmissions. I wouldn't really recommend it for a Gbody. Kind of like putting a flathead in a Mustang. They're cool engines but I think they belong in traditional hot rods or in their original vehicles.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor