Oldsmobile 350 Dual Exhausts in a 80 G Body El Cam!no

jwobbles07

jwobbles07

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 14, 2018
Los Alamos, NM
Following. I have an 81 Malibu wagon with the olds 403 and need to do the same thing.

ssn696

ssn696

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
New Mexico
You can offset the cost of the exhaust system by using a Summit or Jegs G-body dual kit, both of which are mandrel-bent. The Summit kit is made by Heartthrob in Minnesota, so if you are a Made in USA fan, I recommend that kit over Jegs which is 'imported'. I have to go back an review your threads, but I am guessing that you are keeping the BOP transmission that was behind the 3.8. If so, the TH350 dual-hump crossmember should fit just fine and enable the true duals. The remaining expense is custom-bending manifold extensions to match your Olds. Maybe Chuck and JWobble can collaborate. Fewer custom exhaust shops in New Mexico....

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
The Summit kit is made by Heartthrob in Minnesota, so if you are a Made in USA fan, I recommend that kit over Jegs which is 'imported'.
From everything I came across checking in on the Jegs kit last year it's a Heartthrob kit. All three use the same "test" car pics & instructions for the kits.

ssn696

ssn696

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
New Mexico
Ah. I spoke to the Heartthrob folks about a dual kit for the K10, having bought similar systems via JC Whitney 15-20 years ago. I mentioned the G-body kits, whether they could make me behind-the-wheel tailpipes. The guy laughed and said, WE made those for Summit and Jegs, though Jegs is now getting them overseas.

C

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I got a set of Sanderson headers, a Pypes regal style 2.5" system and tied in the drops. Took a double hump crossmember with a slight modification, elongated the slot for the trans. 82 cutlass with Olds power 200R4 combo. I played at it and still had it in in a day.