Ontario License Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I detest the front licence plates we have to have in Ontario. I saw a Porche 911 today that had personalised plates and he had a small one in the front. I'm thinking the small plate was actually a motorcycle plate. I'm wondering how he had the small plate stamped the same as the back and if he has had any issues with the cops. This is something I have to find out about and if anyone can clue me in as to how he got the small plate stamped the sames as his personalized plate in the back I would appreciate it.

Just get the electronic hideaway plate bracket... see them on new Challengers and Camaros.

Just get the electronic hideaway plate bracket... see them on new Challengers and Camaros.

I want no plate and if that can't be then the small plate would be nice, right now I have the plate folded over the bottom of the bumper to make it smaller. The lower portion of the plate and holder ran into a 5 lbs mallet

• Creative
Reactions: foxtrot
Well it is a non-moving violation so just take it off and keep some rusty bolts and the bracket/plate in the trunk and explain that it just fell loose on your old car... might just get a warning.

The front plate on my MCSS is folded into 3rds.

You could move to Nova Scotia,we don't have them here,LOL
Guy

• Informative
Reactions: pontiacgp
yep...don't need them in Nova Scotia ...I change mine all the time .....NC plate now

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    682.4 KB · Views: 104
In the interests of saving fuel cars are designed with the front end to have minimal drag. In wind tunnel tests they vehicle is tested without a front plate and on the track test there is no front plate to interfere with the design of the front end. I would like to see the wind tunnels tests of the 2 vettes below...

here's a 2018 corvette

2018-corvette-z06-shared06.jpg

and here is a 2018 corvette with a plate

47897d1463671902-front-license-plate-z06_front_plate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor