Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
fwiw you can do a 205/70/14 up front 25.4" tall with a 245/60/14 rear 25.6" tall. Last I checked Firestone Firehawks or BFG Radial TAs. Keeping a relatively short tire also helps cut the tall gearing these cars come with. IMO the little 6" wide rim is pushing the safe limit on 245/60 but it works ok in the rear if you are not trying to autocross it or rip a circled off/on ramp hard or something. Not to say it would not do it fine but that their would be risk of the rim comeing out of the tire if really pushed hard. I would also keep the inflation at 32 to 35 psi.

I had a pair of 14x6 chrome olds ralleys on front and a pair of near matching 15x7 chrome olds ralleys on the rear of a Cutty. Always thought 215/70/14 25.9" tall and 255/60/15 27.0" tall would look good maximise the rims and fill out the wheelwells.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
Bowtiefan said:
Add my vote for the factory wheels over the $39 Cragars. If you want a black wheel, go with something like the Buick GNX or the Pontiac GTA wheels. Your car is way too nice to "cheapen" it up with those wheels! 8)

cheapen? idk if thats the correct term.

Ellert

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2008
Iceland
I'd try some nice darkchrome wheels 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor