Original rear light function (from a Euro car...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm going to use the US lenses. That's what is on the car. I need to redo all the wiring cause it's all rotten and falling apart. So, I can just copy what they did, no problem, and have the b/u lights as turn signals (with orange bulb) and presto - EURO approved. So no, we don't need EURO lenses. With this setup, we have what is required.

But I have just devised a wiring schematic with a couple of connectors that (I hope) will make me able to flip back and forth between US and EURO setup by just plugging a different connector in under the car - and one under the column.

I just want the US lights, cause thats just cooler here where we never see it. It's not legal, but I just don't care. If my evil wiring schematic works, it's a matter of seconds to change over :) That is why I had to ask how the US lights actually functions.
If you want to be slick, put some 1157 sockets and switchback LED bulbs in the reverse lights. BAM! Yellow turns and white reverse.

Reactions: 2 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
If you want to be slick, put some 1157 sockets and switchback LED bulbs in the reverse lights. BAM! Yellow turns and white reverse.

This worked well on my van

Reactions: 3 users

Insubordination

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2012
Norway
That sounds like an excellent tip! Never heard of switchback leds before, but I see now how useful they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor