Overflow Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be able to degunk with a pressure washer or pay car wash hose. I put rocks and water in mine and shook it around to clean it out.

adumb said:
MrHernandez said:
Just wondering, what do you use for a overflow bottle if you dont have a stock one, hoping to see some interesting replies and ideas.....me myself, i have a gallon Jack Daniels bottle :wink:

hmmmm, i want a pic of that!!
if you want to see it go to my photo gallery thing and click on the side engine view pic, there she sits secured by transmission lines 🙂

mickey-d said:
I'll probably catch a lot of crap for this, but I got rid of my tank, and several other things in the engine compartment. 😀 I put a 16lb cap on it, and I've never had a problem. :shock: If it overheats and spits out coolant, I'll know I've got bigger troubles than a missing overflow tank !! 🙂 4 years and counting.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mickey-d :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you know this but the overflow isn't for when the radiator overheats. Its for the normal cooling and heating cycles. Obviously when the water increases in temp, it expands and needs somewhere to go but when it cools, it creates a vacuum and pulls the coolant back out of the overflow.
The overflow is there to make sure no air gets into the system and keeps it operating properly.

It will still function without one. My wagon just has a hose that dumps to the ground. Never had a problem with overheating.
As for my overflow, I had a Propel bottle (one that comes in a 6pk, not sport bottle) for a while because my tank was cracked. I drilled a hole in the cap so the hose would be snug, and it worked beautifully.
Last time I was at the junkyard, I picked up a nice tank for like $10, so now that's on there instead.

100_3836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor