Oxygen regulator questions

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
While heating up some diamond plate for bending I noticed that the oxygen flow kept increasing. Checking the gauge I saw that the low pressure side was way above what I had it set at. I suspect an internal leak.
I know some can be rebuilt if parts are available. Has anyone done this?

This is a Craftsman single stage oxy-acetylene welding set probably over 40 years old. Checking Sears Parts Direct, no parts available, no substitute regulators available. I have read that Harris produced the Craftsman torch sets so maybe if I could cross reference the Harris part numbers something may be available.

Probably the best route to go is just get some new Harris regulators. I see several models on the Harris site. The 25GX, 301, 425, 801, and 450 stainless diaphragm models all look like they would work. Does anyone have first hand experience with any of these?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor