Choosing the right brand fuel pressure regulator.

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
Hi guys, I am looking for advice on choosing a good quality reputable fuel pressure regulator.
Let me tell you about my fuel system.
Walbro 255 in tank pump, 1/2" feed line to regulator. 3/8" return line. I am running a quadrajet so looking for a carb regulator. 6-9#.
I bought one previously, but it was defective out of the box. ( screw backed all the way out, showing 9# all the time.)
Anyone bought one recently that they really liked? Not looking to buy 50 regulators just to find a good one.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Personally, I feel you can’t go wrong with Aeromotive. A little more on the pricey side, but well worth it IMO. It’s what I have on my own personal ride. They make both FI and carbureted versions.

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I ran magnafuel and Holley on my car. I know the cheap Holley some people claim that had issues with them, but they worked for me. What is the output pressure of the pump?

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Hi guys, I am looking for advice on choosing a good quality reputable fuel pressure regulator.
Let me tell you about my fuel system.
Walbro 255 in tank pump, 1/2" feed line to regulator. 3/8" return line. I am running a quadrajet so looking for a carb regulator. 6-9#.
I bought one previously, but it was defective out of the box. ( screw backed all the way out, showing 9# all the time.)
Anyone bought one recently that they really liked? Not looking to buy 50 regulators just to find a good one.
i bought a cheap eBay one 0-100 regulation range complete with gauges and AN fittings for a test for my LS project with 2 walbro 450 pumps , its been in 2 cars and its years later now and I'm still using it. i was going to replace it but it still works fine . $30.00 its a black one I think it has pny on it or something like that . some advice don't use any snap connectors for AN fittings i had one pull apart almost burned my car down.

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
i bought a cheap eBay one 0-100 regulation range complete with gauges and AN fittings for a test for my LS project with 2 walbro 450 pumps , its been in 2 cars and its years later now and I'm still using it. i was going to replace it but it still works fine . $30.00 its a black one I think it has pny on it or something like that . some advice don't use any snap connectors for AN fittings i had one pull apart almost burned my car down.
I did use an E-bay one as well. It was suspose to be for both systems too. I paid $50. for it.
Quality control today is non existent. I am a mechanic by trade and it is a real problem there as well.
I used ORB fittings on the regulator by the way.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I'm glad i hoarded my parts back when because buying anything now is terrible. and this is the fitting i used that almost burned my car down

Attachments

• zzz.JPG
    zzz.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I used a Mallory FPR, maybe this one? Looks like it.

I was able to turn my EFI pump down to 5-6psi for a carb.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor