Oxygen regulator questions

Nick, that trick came in real handy for me. I had a cracked Pontiac exhaust manifold, right where the head pipe bolts go. A big chunk had broken off one of the outside lips where the threads are. I inserted a bolt where the threads used to be, I then used the cutting torch to melt the iron, then added some from an iron rod, using the torch pressure to move the molten blobs around. The bolt was encapsulated by the iron, but that was fine as then I could just use a nut down below. It was ugly, but it saved that manifold. I think I even still have that manifold around here somewhere.

Problem with the new regulators! With the old Craftsman ones you had to screw the knob in quite a bit, then you heard the diaphragm go pop inside, and gas flowed. I hooked these to the tank, opened the valves and gas was flowing! YIKES! Well it turns out you must FULLY relax the knobs, almost to falling off, because as soon as you screw the knobs in, gas is flowing. You can't anticipate it, it is that gentle of a touch. Note to self: back the knobs out ALL the way before opening the tanks. Otherwise they work great.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor