painless harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
the wiring is completely hacked in my car, previos owners were definatly not people that should have been near a vehicle. will a unversal harness from painless or other manufactures work as a replacement? has anyone ever used one of these replacements? also i took out my heater box and put a block off plate in cause the box was smashed up from the previous engine swap somone did, planned on replacing it with a good stock unit but i think ifound somthin that might be alittle nicer and give more room in the engine bay and cleaner appearence. im thinking about a flex alite mojave heater up uder thdash. anyone ever tried this? thanks

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Sorry I don't have experience with either one. Just wanted to throw out another option for you on the wiring. Ron Francis Wire Works is another manufacturer of replacement harnesses.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
why dont you pull a harness from a parts car or salvage yard car?? i may actually have one maybe two laying around my parents garage..... i may even have one at my house.... dont know if that is a option or not?

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
sorry i have not posted a reply on this topic i posted earlier. i have had so much going on i forgot about it. what i need more or less is a complete harness for th dash i guess. the engine harness is basic in this car cause none of the stock computor crap is there. but the really hacked up part is in the dash. it would be realy nice to have an actually radio in this car not a rigged in piece that only works somtimes. i was just thinking a full painles kit would revamp alll the wiring, and be alittle easier but if i can find what i need out of another car it would be great. see the problem round here is parts g bodys that haven been beaten with an ugly stick and set to rot are hard to come by. and when you do find somthing half good its over priced and as far as wiring goes i yet to see one around here that hasnt been hacked up

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I am actually in the process of putting a summit wiring harness in my Cutlass. So far it is doin pretty good. It does not come with all of the wiring, just power side of everything. You have to add all of the grounds, and some other wires. So far everything I have hooked up is working good(I can finally listen to the radio while working on car!!).

I would say if you can find a complete used harness that would be easier overall,

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
not to thread jack, but can someone find a wiring schematic for these cars for me?

Im minimizing my harness (elminating everything besides 4 ways, signals, squirters, wipers,gauges and head lights)

frtend

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2006
Indiana
Best to get a factory manual . Got mine from Ebay for 20. Chiltons and Haynes are incomplete at best.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Just Karter said:
not to thread jack, but can someone find a wiring schematic for these cars for me?

Im minimizing my harness (elminating everything besides 4 ways, signals, squirters, wipers,gauges and head lights)

I got a factory wiring manual for my 81 (actually I have every manual - electrical, mechanical and Fisher Body for the 81 and the very large factory parts manual for the 82-88 G body) if you think that would help any. I could scan the apropriate pages and email it as an attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor