Paint Codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
hi there. I'm sitting and decoding my VIN, and my qestion is, does enybody know how the diffrent two tone colours on the culass calaise woud look like. I mean where the the top colour was painted and where secondary colour was painted.
Which parts of the car had the different colours..

Hope you understand my explanation 🙂

The colours my car was delivered with..
16L SECONDARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, WARM GRAY MET (91)
77T TOP COLOR, DK CHERRY MET (92)

Maybe like mine? Mine's called the "sport paint package"

thanx🙂 Thinking about painting back to original 🙂

The '81-'88 cars have a different two-tone style than the '78-'80 body style.

I couldn't find any pictures, but it breaks at the upper body line

The more i research the codes and the car, the more i want to paint it original and fix her up real good.
I just love that car 🙂

Pop your trunk there should be a list of codes. Down toward the bottom there should be a few codes that start with 2-digit #'s. for example mine shows up as 59L & 59U, Upper and Lower my car is one solid color so they are the same, but my paint code is 59 (Frost Beige). Also Interior color is represented also. 67 is my Dark Briar Brown interior. I think there are 4 codes for interior if I'm not mistaken.

It's been removed of an previous owner 🙁 That sucks.
How do i find out about the codes now ?! 😢

Your '81 never had an RPO label under the trunk lid.

The paint codes will be listed on the body tag on the top of the cowl just under the driver-side windshield wiper.
Find the codes that are listed next to the PNT (paint) as two numbers and a U for upper and a L for lower...
The 19L and 19U mean this is a factory black car, no two-tone

l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor