paint color ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd look good. Not to sure about the stripes though. Although if You did the stripes in a satin black it would contrast all the metallic in that color.

I like the color, but not the stripes. Here is why. These cars use a very formal roof line and the overall feel of the car does not lend itself well to stripes because of that. Also, that color is a very formal color, and the stripes would work against it and make the car appear to be at crossed purposes. You need to find a singular theme and stick to it. G bodies do not lend themselves to every possible theme and color either. Generally, think of color schemes that would work on a BMW or Mercedes, and they would likely also work on a G body as well. Very few BMW's have ever had stripes of any kind (2002 turbo and original CSL and their art cars excluded), and those that did typically were racing models and used bright colors throughout the whole car (White body with red and blue stripes, for instance). However, no modern BMW has such flourishes because it clashes with the overall feel of the car. The same is true of any large stripes on a MCSS, or other G body. This is why the factory stripes were rather subdued on these cars when they came with them. Now, if you wanted to use a factory stripe package for your car, that is a little different. I would go with red as the contrasting stripe color with the factory stripes if using that gray. Blue may also work too, depending on the interior color. You just don't want to mix red and blue on the same car as it tends to be displeasing to the eye.

It'd look like Eleanor if she were a G-body. I agree that it would kinda wrong with stripes on the roof (like a really lanky guy in a vertical striped suit). I don't see anything wrong with SS stripes on just the hood and trunk though, hell, Foose does it.

i wouldnt want to put them on the roof, i just never liked it like that and yea satin black would look good on it i think to i havent decided with or without stipes yet. its one of them things you have to get right. its does look like bass boat paint. i was wondering if it had to much metalic and makes it look girly or something

87montecarlomrc said:
i was wondering if it had to much metalic and makes it look girly or something
Well go ahead and paint it and then we'll tell you if it does. :rofl:

lol thanks 🙂

I think that would be a great color on a 442 as the bottom half of the 2 tone paint with a metallic black on top. I don't know how that would look on the monty though I don't think I've seen one with a 2 tone paint scheme. Not that you said you were planning on that. As far as the color just because it's metallic doesn't make it girly imo. 🙂

lol yea i hope it doesnt make it look girly because i like that color

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor