Plastic interior paint

SEM Color Coat is awesome. I even use it on boat seats. That is a tough environment. On cars it lasts forever. Boats is maybe every few years I have to touch it up.

Reactions: 1 users
Ive done a bunch of stuff with SEM Color Coat. Like everyone says, its all about the prep. That being said, I wash everything I spray with Dawn dishwashing soap, hot water and a gray scotchbrite pad. Some stuff I use a small scrub brush if needed.
Some guys think I go to an extreme but I ALWAYS use SEM Soap after the Dawn. In my opinion it seems to leave the plastics cleaner. Then a wash with SEM Plastic Prep. I always use new micro fiber cloths to wipe everything down. I always follow the directions on the labels.
After cleaning the stuff and air drying everything I spray on two super light coats of adhesion promoter. Ive been using the Bulldog brand because thats all the paint supplier had in stock at the time. Light coats dont fill in the grain of the plastic parts. I also buy the Color Coat in quarts, not aerosol cans. Mostly because theyre custom mixed colors. Detail guns work really well since the paint is thin.
SEM is really easy to use. Stir it up and put it in the cup. No thinning required.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor