Parts needed, anyone able to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKITEZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
as some of you know i've got a 78 regal down here in australia, it has been converted to right hand drive, all cars newer than 30 years must be converted here to be registered, now my regal will turn 30 in a couple of months and its still hasnt been registered, and i'm not happy with the conversion, so i'm planning on just putting it back to left hand drive.

i need a few parts if someone could help me out on a rough price on these and the chances of finding them and possibly shipping them over..

so far i require :
a complete dash
steering shaft
steering box
complete wiring loom/vac lines of possible
brake and gas pedal boxes/assembly

also its got a tired old 3.8lt v6 and i'm going to change over to a small block chev, did the gbodys come out with a 305? these motors in australia are cheap and easy to find usually complete with a TH350 attached too, this would be the ideal conversion for me.

thanks in advance.
:D

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
The big question is the frame. I noticed that the frame rail on the driver side is curved in a bit to accomodate the steering box.

As for the 305 Chevy V8, they were available in other G-Bodies in 78 (Monte Carlo and Malibu). You will need the specific motor mounts for the G-body with Chevy V8. You will find 2 "Sticky" posts in the Engine/Swap forum. Those have the details. Remember, my sticky post is based on a US/Canada spec model and your's may be different.

TKITEZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
mine is a US model, arrived here about 3 years ago, unfortunatly i dont have any of the old parts from the original RHD conversion..

Fear

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2007
Indianapolis
There is a 79 at a pick and pull near me. I just got the corner lights for my brother, and the interior was in pretty good shape. It was light blue. I can get the parts pretty cheap. I would say the shipping alone would be atleast 300.00 us :shock: I could maybe get you a quote by tue night if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor