Parts needed to update MC ss backlights to 87?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpt87gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2012
hi i want to update taillights on an 86 monte carlo ss to 87-88 what parts are needed?

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
You need both left & right tail light extensions and tail lights, rear bumper cover, the bumper filler and the license plate pocket.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I prefer the cleaner look of the 87' -88' tail lights and I bought and stripped an 88" to acquire all the parts needed for the swap and sold the rest , made a profit and got my parts for free.
I also recently changed my tail light lenses to ones without emblems to clean it up even more plus that was the last of the chrome left on the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 727

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im with you^^^ The 87-88 definatley looked better thats why I converted my 83, the sleeker look goes alot better with the sleek front end.
newwax2.jpg

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I had to replace my 87's rear tail lights. The driver side was cracked and dull and the passenger side was different shade of red. Much darker. Let me tell you now these puppy's are not cheap to find brand new OEM. Just for the pair of lens for both sides was Gulp $260.00 however they were shipped to me unharmed and came in packaging w/ GM labels and numbers. Now the rear looks fresh and new. My 59 caddy brake lights are in the trunk lid and are tied into the third brake light wiring...

Blaze

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 582

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I see it as rear facing t*ts . Make's the car look much different with than without . Most 87's look the same,
this one is really different. won first place trophy with it just 2 months ago.

****ed up or not I like it. :puke: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor