Pick & pull Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one in town where I work used to post its price lists on the side of the shack. It also helped that I stopped there 2 or 3 times a week when they first opened and they recognised me after a while. No, the didn't slam the gate and lock it when they saw me. LOL I was shopping for parts for the F body fleet I seem to have at home. Even had the guys trained to call me when a new one was due to hit the yard. Then for whatever reason, the crew started changing. I know one lady got busted for pocketing cash deals, but not sure about the others. Now it seems about the time I get to know them, they switch people out.

They do have half price wednesdays every week, which helps. I shop the rest of the week, remove the parts, put them in some P.O.S. nobody looks at, then come back on wednesday to buy. They've also started charging more for 96 and newer, which doesn't hurt me too often since I don't own much newer than 96. At least not that I'm buying parts for. Sad part as was already said about another yard, all late model stuff and anything older doesn't hang around long. 🙁

I thought I was the only one who squirreled parts. Last half price day I went ahead and had a serpentine system with alternator, PS pump and compressor pulled ahead and found a car that had the keys in it. I put all my parts in the trunk and locked it. Next day I walked in a was back at the checkout in less than a half hour. He gave me a funny look. :mrgreen:

I can sympathize with this dilemma. I usually try to keep an eye on the online classifieds to find what I'm looking for. I know it doesn't help for stuff that you need right away, but if you're not in a hurry, you can usually find what you're looking for, without spending a whole lot of money. I'm not sure that I understand the purpose of a core charge on a body panel. If the panel on your car wasn't rusted or damaged, then why would you be at a pick & pull looking for a good one? And if you return a complete panel that's damaged, then doesn't it still have some value for the weight of the scrap metal?

As cars get older, the need for parts gets greater.... As the need increases, supply decreases. It's the law of supply and demand. O-bum-a and his cash for clunkers really put a damper on the used parts market to! :evil: 😢
My SO has this problem with the Grand Prix, and I have it with my FOX Mustang. Luckily for me the aftermarket is still polluted with FOX parts.... The GP on the other hand,,,,, We've been looking for a tail light lens (at an affordable price) for 4 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor