pics of c6 vette wheels on a g body???

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgeathtx

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2010
Houston, TX
im looking for pics of c6 or c5 vette wheels on a g body...perferably on a mcss...because im thinkin of buyin a set and throwin them on my car...wanna see how it looks before i spend my money...lol...thanks

you're gonna have HUGE backspacing issues...
The vettes have something like 7" backspacing, when your car will struggle with 4.5"
You're gonna need huge 2.5" spacers, unless you notch your frame, and hammer in some space in the wheel wells.

I suggest further research into what backspacing the vette wheels have, what size spacers you'll need, and how much this will all cost.
and then ask yourself, "is it worth it?"

That being said, if you're really interested to do this, I'm sure we can help you make it work

nah never mind...seems like alot of work...i was just askin cuz i found a guy dat was gonna sell me sum for 250...but it seems like its gonna cost me alot more to actually make em work....damn and i thought it was gonna look clean too...too bad... :|

Yes, positive offset wheels take quite a bit to fit. The back is easier because you can swap in a wider rear, but you either have to do some re-engineering on the front suspension or use spacers to fit them up front.

ima have to wait till later...when i get more money...because my plans for the car someweres down the road is to put a ls1 swap in it if i get my money right and i think it would look really nice to have the regular c6 wheels or the zo6 wheels on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor