Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
How do you use your G body? Is it your daily driver, occasional driver and backup car, street/strip car, strip only car, track day car, show car, or driven strictly for pleasure?

Daily driver means it is your every day car

Occasional/backup car means you have a different car you use daily, but your G body is usable enough that it could be used for commuting and does so when needed.

Street/Strip cars are cars you drive occasionally on the street, but they are more strip oriented than they are ready to commute in rush hour.

Strip only is just that. Dragstrip optimized car that never sees the street.

Track Day means you run it mostly on road courses and is different from a strip car in that it is oriented towards handling corners and braking.

Show Cars are cars built specifically for shows and rarely see street driving.

Cars driven for pleasure means that the car is not really used for commuting or competitions, but just gets driven on days you feel like driving it.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
I voted daily driver, although it's only the daily driver from April through October so it's never exposed to road salt. Have the Olds 350 out of the Delta, but am still driving the LeMans every day to work (16 mile round trip) with the original 231, will likely do the engine swap during the winter. Accumulating needed swap parts in the meantime when I can afford them and sneak them in to the house :lol:

-UT-

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
Daily Driver, project, trainer, strip, show, anything else?

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Occational, backup, & street strip

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Well, it's a backup/nice day daily, showcar, street/strip in the future too as well as being a pleasure car.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Backup/Pleasure.

I usually just drive it when the weather's nice and I feel like cruising with the windows down.

But, I also drive it if my wife needs/already has the daily driver.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Unfortunately, it just takes up space in the driveway right now. When it was running I just used it occasionaly. I didnt think the 307 with a bad knock was okay to take to the track. Once I get the drivetrain in I will use it for the track, and drive it when I feel like and when the daily driver is broke down.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I should have had Yard Art as a choice...lol since mine currently occupies that position. It only has tags and insurance because code enforcement can't make me get rid of it if it has current tags and is operational. It does run and drive, but hasn't gone more than 20 feet out of the driveway in about 7 months. The seats are out to keep the upholstery from getting covered in over spray and sanding slime, ditto the tail lights. I can fix both in 10 minutes if need be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor