Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
I think Macs are still elementary school based. You cant do as much with them. They have come a long way since I was in school but i feel that the PC is still the better way to go

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
I use a Mac.

I grew up in the dog-eat-dog world of the Commodore 64 demo scene.

Yes, I checked my email and browsed the web on an 8-bit, .6 Mhz (that's POINT six megahertz) computer with a whopping 64K (actually, an expanded 512K) of RAM.

PCs are hated in C64-land, for some reason, so when my last C128 was gasping it's dying breath, I went for the lesser of two evils to replace it... I picked up an old Mac Classic II for $8 at a thrift shop.

I still have the Classic and it still works, surprisingly. I also still have a C64, and that works as well.

I have since gone through a ton of Macs. From my Classic to a Centris 610 to a Quadra 660, PowerMac 6100, 5400, 6400, beige G3 and finally up to the two I use today... a PowerMac G4 dual 450 (which I'm using right now) and an Intel Core Duo iMac.

I've got absolutely nothing against Windows machines. I use them at work and I am well versed in their maintenance and setup. It's just a personal preference of mine... I prefer the Mac for myself. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for others.

Oh... and Macs can run Windows too, y'know. :wink:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Obviously you need to get a Camaro then
yeah right! the reason they're "F" bodies is you go F%Ck there goes my car, somebody stole it!!!! oh, wait, hold on, nah it's just one that's identical to mine. oh look there's another one!
besides, my brother is building a 78 camaro.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
ironically, the windows concept was first made by/for apple. it had a different name but when you use it it looks just like windows 3.1.
i didn't say mac's were junk, they've started putting useful software in them to compete with the PC's :lol: and they can now run windows software.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
megaladon6 said:
ironically, the windows concept was first made by/for apple. it had a different name but when you use it it looks just like windows 3.1.
i didn't say mac's were junk, they've started putting useful software in them to compete with the PC's :lol: and they can now run windows software.

Running Windows on a Mac is pretty retarded... Not sure why you'd want to ruin a perfectly good Mac by doing that. :lol: I can only image that the user would want to run some of that cutting edge Microsoft software like Word,.. or Powerpoint. :lol: :lol:

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I had one worse than a Commodore 64. I had the Commodore Vic 20!!! 5k of awesome computing power. With a cassette tape drive too. I moved up from that to a used up 286 running Windows 3.1 then another free used computer- a 486 running Windows 98. That was replaced by a 1.2 gig Celeron Gateway desktop in 2001. I replaced that in 2007 with a Gateway Laptop with a dual core processor and 1g of RAM.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
we had the atari 400 and 800 series'. my father had the ibm pc xt. 64k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor