pontiac 400 in a g-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert87ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
thank to 79GP6.6L. i took his advice and modified the drivers side of a set headman 28164 shortys. i cut the flange off and got a piece of 3" exhaust from autozone, cut it at an angle to keep it away from the frame. then i welded the flange back on. it doesnt look to bad i think, especially because this is the first time i have fabricated anything.
downsized_0525002004.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Cool swap, nice to see something other than a sbc. The Pontiac is a torque motor just like the Olds, which means tire shredding fun :twisted: .

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
haha! just pulled a pontiac 400 out of my malibu cause my my 350 runs better and i can get parts for it.
but man if you pull it off more power to ya. headers look good.

robert87ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
i can assure anybody that a pontiac motor will out pull any small block chevy. people who dont know about them dont like them cause they are scared. granted sbc are easier and cheaper, but they aren't as cool.

ALaRock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2010
Yeah gotta love those torque monsters. :twisted: I had a Pontiac 455 in my cutlass and it was an adrenaline rush from hell. Im currently awaiting funds 2 rebuild it. :(

Bender21

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 20, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Just picked up my 400, 9799914 block w/ #16 heads. I think it is my best starting point yet.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
deathproof , don't be skeered of the torque!

Just need to be able to harness it and you WILL show the taillights to the SBC crowd. :mrgreen:

Nice job on the shorties guys.

As you found there are no "bolt in" headers.

Any build questions fire away.

robert87ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
nice car shotgun. that cutlass is no guttless anymore. my biggest challenge thus far is the headers. what did you come up with? i was also hoping to find some poly engine mounts but have had no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor